So, preparing to my alphageeks lecture, I started building a demo facebook application. As always, I try to set the standard high – probably too high for my free time. So, mining facebook data is not interesting enough for me. Instead – I want to build a facebook applicaiton, that will be hosted on my page.
- I started by downloading Apache-Tomcat 6, hoping it will run my application.
- Downloaded the Google Java Facebook API, and the web application that comes along with it. (See here)
- Deployed the web-app in Tomcat.
- Got tons of DB related problems – but I don’t care.
- Fixed params in the facebook.properties file (api_key, secret and callback)
- Got a static IP.
- Changed the facebook app call-back URL
- Added my custom code to the web-app.
- Voila – all works.